“When I found out my husband cheated after 4 years of marriage – I was completely devastated. It wasn’t just that my cheating man had slept with another woman; I couldn’t understand how he could say he loved me on one hand and completely betray me on the other.”
So I was left with this question: Can a man love and still do this to the person he “loves”?
How Can You Know If He Still Loves You?
This question is quite difficult to answer. There is only one person who can give you a real answer to that question, and that’s your husband. Whether you believe him or not reflects the level of trust in your relationship.
Here are a few insights to Help You Find Out:
1. His Cheating Doesn’t Mean He Doesn’t Love You
It’s not easy to understand that a cheating man can be a man who still loves you. You think that if he loved you he wouldn’t do something so hurtful to you.
It’s definitely possible that your spouse still loves you despite that fact that he or she cheated on you. Sometimes the love is still very much there; it’s just buried - Under years of bad communication.
It may also be buried under the hurt of emotional outbursts or years of silence.
People get confused. They lose their way. But just because they are lost, it doesn’t necessarily mean they have fallen out of love with you.
So, where do you go from here?
2. The “Magic Pill” Question
This is a question that will also help you determine whether your husband still loves you. Ask him this: “If I could give you a magic pill that would make you suddenly fall deeply in love with ME again, would you take it?”
1. If he says YES – This is good news. Your husband probably still has deep feelings for you and he wants to rebuild your relationship. He just doesn’t know how to do it.
2. If he says something like “I love you, but I am no longer in love with you”, or he tells you he has to think about it – It’s time YOU think about your answer to this question as well.
3. If he says “No I wouldn’t take the pill” – Your husband could be no longer in love with you. But it could also mean that his feelings are so buried that he is no longer aware of his feelings for you. In some cases he will realize that he still loves you only when he has to sign the divorce papers.
Are you going to try the magic pill question to know if your husband still loves you?
Rooting for ya,
This is an excellent resource, if you are a victim of cheating in your relationship. For me it was a life saver and I highly recommend it.
Will you share this post? (Thank you!)
PAID ENDORSEMENT DISCLOSURE: In order for me to support my blogging activities, I may receive monetary compensation or other types of remuneration for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial and/or link to any products or services from this blog.