Can you imagine a greater marital crisis than an emotional affair?
When your husband finds intimacy and an emotional connection with another woman, the physical aspect is not far behind, and the slippery road to divorce begins.
But how can you know if your spouse is emotionally involved with someone else?
The 6 Most Common Emotional Affair Signs
Marriage is built on an emotional connection between two people. When one partner goes outside of marriage to seek fulfillment, whether that fulfillment is sexual or emotional in nature – That is cheating.
Here are the most common signs he’s having an emotional affair:
1. If your husband has a deep personal relationship with some intensity (with another woman), the relationship has probably crossed over to an emotional affair.
2. Sharing private thoughts – If he shares his most private thoughts with someone other than you – He is probably getting emotionally attached to that other woman.
3. Hiding the extent of the “side” relationship – If he is secretive about his “friendship” and hiding text messages and his cell phone – It means he has something to hide.
4. Getting angry and defensive when asked about the other woman – When you ask him about these little signs – does he get angry and try to blame you for snooping instead of answering your question? If the answer is yes – It means he is feeling guilty and trying to hide the truth shift the attention to you.
Generally, the response from the person who has been “caught” is to argue, “What, you mean I can’t have a friend of the opposite sex?”
5. He doesn’t share his problems with you. If he never has, it’s less suspicious. But if he used to share his struggles with you and now he doesn’t, plus he has a female friend, he is probably sharing them with her.
6. He is not interested in sex (because he fantasizes about her), or is more interested than ever (because he is more sexually aroused by the excitement of having a crush on someone else).
I know how painful it is for you to find out even one of these emotional infidelity signs. It feels like a stab in the heart would feel and it makes you feel like the rug is being pulled under your feet.
I know. I’ve been there.
How to Make Him END His Emotional Affair
Let me start with what NOT to do first.
1. Do not confront him and accuse him in having an emotional affair before you have proof. You’ll only hear lies and he will run out the house to get his story straight. If you must confront him, do it the right way.
2. I know how excruciating it is, but don’t let your anger, humiliation and heart-break stop you from thinking straight. First decide if your marriage is worth saving and only then take the next steps.
3. You may find it hard to believe, but there are effective ways to make him stop cheating, before it’s too late.
The most important message I want to get through to you, is that even if you found signs of an emotional affair, it doesn’t mean that your marriage is over. It means that your marriage is in trouble, and you have to take immediate steps to prevent getting to the point of no return.
Your husband still loves you, but his emotions are stuck under years of unaddressed communication problems, which are the most common cause of marital problems.
This can be fixed and reversed, but only if you take this golden opportunity to change things, and make your marriage better than it ever was.
Rooting for ya,
* Do you think your husband is having an emotional affair? Share your story in the comments below.
PAID ENDORSEMENT DISCLOSURE: In order for me to support my blogging activities, I may receive monetary compensation or other types of remuneration for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial and/or link to any products or services from this blog.