You don’t have proof yet, but your gut tells you that he’s doing something he shouldn’t be doing.
Your instincts are telling you that he is lying.
Your inner voice keeps whispering in your brain: He is cheating on you.
Is it the young woman at work that “he’s just friends” with? Or the old flame that he’s been chatting with on Facebook?
Has he become distant, silent, and won’t touch you or look you in the eyes? Does it just feel that he’s not interested in you anymore?
Common Signs Your Husband is Cheating
The truth is that there are dozens, even hundreds of warning signs when a husband is cheating, but for me (and for many women I know), it was a deep instinct, an inner voice nagging at me, warning me that even though my husband is still living with me, emotionally he has checked out of our marriage a long time ago.
Sadly, in most cases, these instincts turn out to be a heart-stabbing reality. And even if he isn’t cheating (yet), he is vulnerable to being stolen by another woman.
If your instincts confuse you right now, a few common signs your husband is cheating are:
1. Visible Signs – If your husband made a sudden and drastic makeover (wardrobe changes, grooming habits, personal hygiene), it’s probably not for you. More than likely, he is trying to impress someone else.
2. Work Habits – Men often use their job to as a cover for an affair. Any change in his daily work routine may be a sign that he is cheating.
3. The Way He Relates To You – This can go in 2 directions: Either he is suddenly MORE affectionate and caring (for no apparent reason) or he is extremely distant, avoiding contact and not communicating.
4. Financial Habits – If your husband is seeing someone else, he’ll want to take her out and give her things (the way he gave you at the beginning of your relationship). No matter how badly he’ll try to hide it, sooner or later this will be reflected in your family finances.
5. Sex – Changes in the frequency or the quality of your sex life may be warning signs of an affair. Wants more sex than he used to? A sign. Wants less sex? Also a sign.
6. Travel – Your husband may be using travel (for work) to as an opportunity to cheat away from prying eyes.
7. Emotional Affair Signs – If your husband is sharing his private thoughts and feelings with someone else, this is a definite warning sign of an emotional affair. If he gets angry when you ask him questions about a female friend, don’t ignore it.
Here are a few more common signs your spouse is having an affair, by Dr. Dale Atkins (Psychologist)
The Single Most Important Mistake to Avoid
I know how impossible it feels to resist the urge to confront him with your suspicions – But I urge you to stop, unless you have solid and irrefutable evidence.
Accusing your husband of cheating without proof will lead to catastrophe, in 2 ways:
1. If you have no proof he will deny and most probably run (angrily) out of the house, which gives him a chance to “get his story straight“. This will lead to more lying and to things getting worse.
2. Confronting him without proof will give him time to decide what he wants to do next – Stop cheating and work on your marriage, or leave you for the other woman. You don’t want this decision to be made under pressure.
If you want to know how exactly to confront him about cheating – Here’s How.
How to Make Him STOP Cheating NOW
No matter how hard it is for you to grasp right now, I want you to know that you CAN have it all back. The soft touch on your arm as you’re walking together, that loving glance across the dinner table, his love, admiration and respect.
You CAN get through this and make your marriage better than it ever was. If you use a few clever techniques (like I did), you can make him beg to hold you close in his arms and regret the day he ever laid eyes on another woman.
If you want to affair proof your marriage – This is exactly how to do it.
What about you? Do you have a deep feeling that something is up?
Rooting for ya,
PAID ENDORSEMENT DISCLOSURE: In order for me to support my blogging activities, I may receive monetary compensation or other types of remuneration for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial and/or link to any products or services from this blog.